bind9.9.0rc4 rndc retransfer appears to be fixed

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Thu Feb 23 20:35:21 UTC 2012

> With the properly patched bind 9.9.0rc3 running, 'rndc retransfer jaspain.biz' generated no output, presumably indicating success.

> The log showed some related error messages, however...

> Seems like it is confusing the serial numbers of the signed and unsigned zones.

I installed the bind9.9.0rc4 early release code. I retested a bind10 zone update followed by 'rndc retransfer' on the bind9.9.0rc4 inline signing server. The command executed successfully, there were no errors reported in the log, and the unsigned and signed zone contents as displayed by named-checkzone look as they should. Thanks. Jeff.

Jeffry A. Spain
Network Administrator
Cincinnati Country Day School