Configuring a domain slave to look up subdomain hosts

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Feb 28 18:34:23 UTC 2012

Why not set up the zone with its own forward statement like this:

zone "subdomain.example.com" {
        type forward;
        forwarders { 10.172.2.50; 10.172.2.51; };
        forward only;
};

--

bind-users-bounces+wbrown=e1b.org at lists.isc.org wrote on 02/28/2012
01:04:46 PM:

> I am simply trying to get the domain slave to make queries for hosts
> in the subdomain which is hosted on other servers, instead of
> forwarding the queries to the domain master. I thought a stub zone
> would facilitate this by giving my server the lookup information it
> needed to do this. Apparently this is not the case. Even though it
> receives a db file with the NS and SOA information for the
> subdomain, it is ignoring it. Forwarding works. Being a slave for
> the subdomain works. Stub zone doesn?t work.
>
> If it?s supposed to ?ignore? the stub zone in my configuration, what
> is the value of a stub zone?

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.