View-specific logging

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Thu Jan 5 10:33:22 UTC 2012

* JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉:

> At Mon, 02 Jan 2012 09:42:29 +0000,
> Florian Weimer <fweimer at bfk.de> wrote:
>
>> I would like to switch on query logging for specific views only.  Is
>> this possible using BIND 9.7 (or any other BIND version, for that
>> matter)?
>
> As far as I know it's not possible with any version of BIND 9 (and not
> only for query logging but also for logging in general).

Adding "querylog yes/no" to the view configuration doesn't look too hard
because the query logging code already has got a pointer to the dns_view
structure.

A general per-view logging configuration is certainly more difficult to
implement.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99