Auth Section & Forwarders

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:48:10 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I recently disabled "minimal-responses" (by setting it to 'no') in our
caching nameservers.

As I'm now able to see the authority & additional sections I noticed
something strange:  whenever I query our caching nameservers for one of
our domains we get our parent nameservers under the authority section
(instead of our own authoritative nameservers).

I soon realized that there might be some problem with our forward zones
(since we have our domains defined as such).  I disabled the forward
zone stanza, reloaded the config, and the problem went away (I know get
our authoritative nameservers within the authority section).

Does anyone knows what may be happening?

Thanks,
Jorge