Forward Domain

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 14:09:11 UTC 2012

On 01/15/2012 09:54 AM, Markus Braun wrote:
> And when i put the my IP in my DNS setting from my handy, the handy should send
> the request to my server for this domain. e.g. google.de and give
onother output.
> I hope you understand what i mean :)

Before using your local bind caching nameserver, you should first
validate that your other DNS server is working properly.  Try this on
your machine:

dig  @IP-OF-YOUR-DNS-SERVER hallo.de

If that works, then you can proceed with the forward zone stanza on your
local bind.  After that,  you need to make sure your /etc/resolv.conf
points to your local bind instance (and not your ISP's dns).

--
Jorge