Forward Domain

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:32:48 UTC 2012

On 01/15/2012 11:57 AM, Markus Braun wrote:
> but what is the different between the DNSMASQ and bind9, that DNSMASQ run correct and bind9 not?
> I have the problem when halo.de is requestet that he only forward when i try to access over my extern mobile device and when it is on the server the script should take the request out.
> I got now a loop.

DNSMASQ is basically a DNS forwarder but it has a bunch of other
features.  Check the Wikipedia page on it and if you have questions
please ask on their mailing list or forum.

Regarding BIND,  if you have issues with your server returning some
results within your server and other results when queried from the
outside you should take a look at BIND views.

Please invest some time studying BIND, at least the basics to run a
"caching nameservers".  You'll need that.

--
Jorge