OpenSSL problem: bind98-base FreeBSD port

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jul 10 06:28:01 UTC 2012

On 9 Jul 2012, at 20:05, Matthew Pounsett <matt at conundrum.com> wrote:
> On 2012/07/08, at 22:25, Barry Margolin wrote:
>> In article <mailman.
>>>
>>> So to answer my earlier question, what file were you talking about copying
>>> into the chroot environment for BIND?
>>
>> The shared library. When you link dynamically, all the libraries have to
>> be in $chroot/usr/lib.
>
> No, they don't.  Shared libraries are picked up at runtime. Chrooting happens after that, once the libraries have already been read.

Except that GOST is implemented as an "engine" which is dynamically loaded after startup. Called lib/engines/libgost.so

I seem to remember that early versions of BIND's GOST support could not be disabled by the configure script - my build script hacked BIND's Makefile to disable it rather than put code in the chroot.

Tony.