Operation Cancelled Error

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu Jul 12 08:41:28 UTC 2012

Hi Ben,
At 16:49 11-07-2012, Ben wrote:
>I am doing load testing on our local caching dns.But while doing it
>, i added google dns and some other dns ips as forwarder to test QPS.

It seems to me that it is not a good idea to do load testing on some
third-party server.

>I am confusing that those errors are due to bind misconfiguration or
>something else?

An error condition can trigger such an error.  It isn't related to
the BIND configuration file.

>If someone share his experience with it, What are the maximum QPS
>handled by bind? that is good to understand more.

There is a long thread at
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2011-June/084405.html  The
question might be what is the maximum QPS handled on hardware similar
to the one you used for the test.

Regards,
-sm