disabling "Any" requests

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Jul 12 14:16:05 UTC 2012

Your answer was clearly meant to be tongue in cheek but I'm not sure you understood.

The OP wasn't asking how to stop all (any) lookups - it was how to stop "dig -t any" which isn't the same thing at all.  Presumably they still want to allow dig -t mx, dig www... etc...

Personally I don't know why "dig -t any" would be a problem.   It's not exactly the same as doing an axfr transfer of the zone - it still only gets limited information.