RHEL, Centos, Fedora rpm vs ISC bind versions

Drunkard Zhang gongfan193 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:29:33 UTC 2012

2012/7/16 Eivind Olsen <eivind at aminor.no>:
> Den 15. juli 2012 kl. 16:57 skrev Benny Pedersen <me at junc.org>:
>
>> change to gentoo/funtoo ?
>
> Some might prefer to run the same Linux distribution on all their servers, changing to something like Gentoo just to get BIND running seems a bit overkill.

For critical services, I advice you to run different distros of Linux,
or at least different version of same distro. And fixing of bind in
Gentoo is extremly timely, generally within 48 hours when a bug
confirmed.

Debug is easy too, you can easily add RESTRICT="-strip" to disable
final strip, so you got debugable binaries. ;)