rndc stats command

Ben benjo11111 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:18:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

As per man page and my understanding rndc stats writes a current named
statistics into defined file in named.conf

so suppose, if i run rndc stats command and then i take required
information from named statistics file.

And after some time, ( after 5 minutes or approx.) when i do again rndc
stats , so that times it provides new statistics.?

My understanding is that while running rndc stats , it writes current
named statistics to defined file and internally it flush named
statistics ( which wrote into file as per named.conf )

And while second time run same command , again it append fresh/new named
statistics to defined fiel, is it so?

Or is there any interval for rndc / named to generate fresh/new statistics.?

Kindly correct me if I am missing something...

Regards,
Ben