RHEL, Centos, Fedora rpm vs ISC bind versions

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Wed Jul 18 07:36:51 UTC 2012

Den 2012-07-16 09:26, Michael Hoskins (michoski) skrev:

> hmm, sure...  but if you're going for genetic diversity, why not
> throw BSD
> into the mix?  or run dedicated appliances with vendor support (you
> did
> say critical)?  don't forget to change the hardware architecture.

i dont think centos care of arch, if it was prebuildt before redhat
went mad it safe to use the same spec files to rebuild from, its just a
matter of who want to do it

> oh, wait, that wasn't the point of the original post...  so
> suggestions to
> change OS or platform aren't really useful here and sort of hijack
> the
> thread.

what point ?, if ther was some point it like os2 people try to get
there dos promt fixed on windows

> since no one's said it publicly to the OP yet -- thanks.  each OS
> will
> have its zealots, and diversity certainly makes sense in some
> scenarios...
>  but i appreciate the effort and feel such things add value for the
> BIND
> community.

sure, this was not really my own point here, centos people just need to
fill a bugreport the right place wehn srpm is without bugs

the same problem is on all prebuildt software, wether is free or paid
btw