Several (>2) different views

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jun 15 09:17:09 UTC 2012

On 15 Jun 2012, at 01:14, Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:

> I've been trying to find examples on how to use TSIG to replicate several differents views to a slave server, but I could only find with two views, and I just couldn't figure out how to adapt that example to 3 or more views.
>
> Could you send me example on how to accomplish that?

	Something like what follows below may be what you need.
	This supports 3 views, keyed on TSIG or by default on
	client address.  For more views, no new ideas are needed.

include "/etc/select-tsig.keys";	// keep keys in protected file

acl captive-clients {
  // Purpose: triage for "captive" view
  key select-captive.ucd.ie.;           // select on this key
  ! key select-internal.ucd.ie.;        // by-pass
  ! key select-general.ucd.ie.;         // by-pass

  10.137.0.0/16;			// Target networks
  10.193.128.0/19;
  10.193.160.0/20;
};

acl internal-clients {
  // Purpose: triage for "internal" view
  key select-internal.ucd.ie.;          // select on this key
  ! key select-captive.ucd.ie.;         // by-pass (redundant)
  ! key select-general.ucd.ie.;         // by-pass
  localhost;

  172.16.0.0/16;                        // Special networks
  10.224.0.0/16;
};

// Clients not otherwise selected are offered "general" view

// special-purpose view: 'captive'
view "captive" {

  match-clients { captive-clients; };

  // view details go here ...

};                                      // End view "captive"

view "internal" {

  match-clients { internal-clients; };

  // view details go here ...

};