Corrupt zone transfer

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Jun 29 15:48:31 UTC 2012

Danny Horne <danny at thelake.me> wrote:

> I currently run two Bind 9.9.* nameservers (details below), I've just
> added a slave zone to the Windows one, the Linux one being the master.
> The zone transferred, however, seems to be corrupt in that when opened
> in Notepad it contains what I can only describe as gobbledegook.

BIND 9.9 stores slave zones in raw format by default. You can get a
standard textual version using
	named-compilezone -j -f raw -o outfile zonename infile

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Tyne, Dogger, Fisher: South or southwest 5 to 7,
decreasing 4 at times later. Moderate or rough. Showers. Good, occasionally
moderate.