BIND 9.9.0 Inline-Signing Out of Control

Spain, Dr. Jeffry A. spainj at countryday.net
Mon Mar 5 14:01:32 UTC 2012

> We thought of two other differences between this zone and the others:

> 1. this zone has NS records with servers that are in the zone itself, and 2. our global "also-notify" option contain IP addresses that resolve to host names in this zone.

I don't have a handle on the underlying problem, but you can tamp down the notification process.

For your master zones:

acl peskySlaves {
	<ip address of slave 1>;
	<ip address of slave 2>;
};

zone "pesky.zone" {
	type master;
	notify explicit;
	also-notify { peskySlaves; };
	allow-transfer { peskySlaves; };
};

And for your slave zones:

options {
	notify no; (or notify master-only;)
};

See ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/cur/9.9/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.pdf, pages 15 and 62.

Jeffry A. Spain
Network Administrator
Cincinnati Country Day School