Feature request for dig

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Mar 7 22:55:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 07:37:31PM -0800, Mark K. Pettit wrote:
> Please add something to "dig" that replicates the behavior of BIND as
> closely as possible with regards to the many queries it issues as part of
> a DNSSEC-validing resolution.

There's "dig +sigchase", but a) you have to enable it at compile time with
"configure --enable-sigchase" and b) in its current state it's terrible and
you really shouldn't use it.  We do want to improve dig in this area, but
haven't had time yet.

For now, the best tool I'm aware of for this is "drill", which is part
of Unbound (https://unbound.net).

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.