Recursive queries fail after bind has been running for a few hours

Mr X xproject128 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:05:00 UTC 2012

Hey there

I'm having a bizarre issue with 9.7.3-P3-RedHat-9.7.3-8.P3.el6_2.2 -
recursive queries stop functioning after bind has been running for a few
hours. It's a very low volume system (dev), maybe a few queries per hour at
most. It's not due to cache filling or anything like I've dealt with in the
past. I suspect it's related to DNSSEC and root-server validation but I
could use another set of eyes on my debug log. Sorry for posting from a
inconspicuous e-mail address. My employer asks that I'm careful about the
information I disclose on public mailing lists.

You can see my debug log during a failed query
http://pastebin.com/5hh05WjM

Successful query here
http://pastebin.com/H9qSQcyG

If you would like to see my config, I can include portions, but it's huge
so please let me know exactly what parts you're looking for.

- Brian