Loadbalance caching dns server

Stefan Certic stefan at routotelecom.com
Tue Mar 20 11:10:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

That can be achieved using iptables:

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
nth --counter 0 --every N --packet 0 -j DNAT --to-destination
192.168.1.98:53
iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 53 -m state --state NEW -m
nth --counter 0 --every N --packet 1 -j DNAT --to-destination
192.168.1.99:53

Where N represent packet number.

Regards,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM, trm asn <trm.nagios at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Is there any mechanism to load balance Caching-DNS server. For example..
>
> Cache-DNS1 : 192.168.1.98
> Cache-DNS2: 192.168.1.99
>
> Client : 192.168.1.199
>
> When  192.168.1.199 send 10 request to query cache-dns then this 10
> request will be send to each Cache-DNS server with a load balance method.
> Each server will get 5 requests.
>

> /\
> TRM

Stefan Certic

System Administrator

 RoutoMessaging

48 Charlotte Street

London, W1T 2NS

United Kingdom

http://www.routomessaging.com

GSMA Associate Member

Switchboard +44 (0) 870 231 7777

Fax + 44 (0) 870 231 7775

Email : stefan at routotelecom.com

MSN ID : stefan at routotelecom.com

DISCLAIMER

This email contains information provided by Routo Telecommunications Ltd,
which may be privileged or confidential. It is meant only for
the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using
this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Routo
Telecommunications Ltd may not be held responsible for the content of this
email as it may reflect the personal view of the

sender and not that of the company. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure,

error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any

errors or omissions. We monitor our email system and may record your
emails. Routo Telecommunications Ltd Registration Number 04546322 has
its principal place of business at 48 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2NS,

United Kingdom.