query issue

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Thu Mar 29 16:44:51 UTC 2012

Looking further into this I do have an ipv6 on that server, a 6to4 ip (which
I didn't configure and I have to figure out how it got there).

However I notice sometimes the query goes out as ipv6 6to4 ip and sometimes
as an ipv4 but I'm not sure why that is if anyone can explain why some
queries are sourced from the 6to4 ipv6 instead of the ipv4 ip that would be
great.

Looks like when it goes out as a ipv6 6to4 ip I'm not getting a returned
answers which makes sense because I have no relay routers for ipv6 packets
coming in.

paul