Why does a non-delegated sub-domain work?

Ben Croswell ben.croswell at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:13:32 UTC 2012

You are getting "lucky" that they are on the same server and when asked
about anything in the subdomain the server notices it loads it and answers
for it. It is however a landmine waiting for someone in thee future.  If
you move the subdomain to another server without fixing the delegation the
subdomain will disappear.

-Ben Croswell