DNSSEC

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed May 9 19:16:11 UTC 2012

Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal at nic.in> wrote:

> DNSSEC is done on Authoritative side.

Signing is done on authority servers. It's straightforward with
inline-signing mode, or if you maintain your zone with dynamic updates.

> Caching DNS only check whether that particular domain is signed or not,
> only if that caching DNS is designed to do so.

Validation is done on caches. In my experience validation is a pretty
untroublesome feature to enable, provided you aren't completely hammering
your name servers.

Tony.
Hebrides: Northeasterly 4 or 5, increasing 5 to 7 except in northwest.
Moderate. Showers. Good.