Hi;

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu May 10 12:14:27 UTC 2012

William Thierry wrote on 05/10/2012 08:02:57 AM:

> i'm trying to have a TTL of a zone just by typing a command, but i
> can't seen which command line i can used to have the solution.
>
> Can someone have an idea? is it possible to found that?
>
> PS: The zone file is not created by me. For example, i made a dig
+dnssec
> www.google.fr and i want to know what is the TTL of www.google.com
> not the period of querry.

Ask an authoritative server:

cowman at ns-homer:~$ dig @ns1.google.com www.google.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.0 <<>> @ns1.google.com www.google.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 7, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.google.com.                        IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.google.com.         604800  IN      CNAME   www.l.google.com.
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.103
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.147
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.105
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.106
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.99
www.l.google.com.       300     IN      A       173.194.73.104

;; Query time: 35 msec
;; SERVER: 216.239.32.10#53(216.239.32.10)
;; WHEN: Thu May 10 08:12:13 2012
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 148

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.