Reverse zone delegation for 172.16.16.0/20 - HOW TO?

Ellad G. Yatsko eyatsko at ngs.ru
Mon May 21 06:36:38 UTC 2012

Hello Doug!

Sorry, it is my mistake. What is about the simpliest diagram? :-)

                                                 (Central Site)
172.16.0.0/12

/                                              \
  (Regional Site) 172.16.0.0/16               . . . . . . . .
(Regional Site) 172.30.0.0/16

\
\
. . . . . . . . (Local Site) 172.16.16.0/20 . . . . . . .
.                  . . . . . . . . (Local Site) 172.30.32.0/20 . . . . .
. . .

Central delegates to Regional /16 block, Reginal to Local /20.

In terms of forward zone delegation it would be:
    united-networks.ru (Central) -> msk.united-networks.ru (Regional,
Moscow) -> sokol.msk.united-networks.ru (district in Moscow City).
or
    united-networks.ru (Central) -> abakan.united-networks.ru (Regional,
Khakasia republic with Abakan as capital, Russia)->
kurochkina.abakan.united-networks.ru (district in Abakan).

So I thought to set up reverse delegation by analogy with this.

The below article doesn't answer on question how to formalize /20
delegation. Instead it shows how to make < /24 delegation.
    http://dougbarton.us/DNS/2317.html

Kind regards,
Ellad