different between views and having multiple instances

John Williams john.1209 at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 18:20:41 UTC 2012

In theory, you would use views to serve up different data to subnets.  For example, you may want to show your internal clients one set of IP addresses while the external world see's a subset of that data.  That is a perfect utilization of views.

You may want to setup different instances of BIND if you have different configuration requirements, or if you want different zones to be served on different IP addresses.

Hope that helps.