Should Root Servers Always be Queried First? bind9.7.7

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Nov 7 21:58:51 UTC 2012

Thanks to all who reminded me how dig resolves lookups.

	I have since learned that we are apparently having
intermittent network issues that are causing a lot of systems to
behave oddly and our DNS's are only reflecting those conditions.

	We were taking anywhere from 0 milliseconds to 5 seconds
to resolve local hosts and then just as suddenly, everything
cleaned itself up and it is all peace and quiet for now.