Need to improve named performance

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Mon Nov 12 17:48:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Ed LaFrance wrote:

> Currently I'm not using query logging, it's not in my options at all.

I think "rndc querylog" was used to enable it (even if no corresponding
logging configuration). You can use it again to toggle it off.  "rndc
status" will show if query logging is on or off.

I think in an earlier message you said rndc didn't work for you, but
your named.conf does have some configuration for it, so maybe you need
to use a different rndc (maybe installed multiple times?) or point to
the correct configuration.