User wanting to use a .local domain to host DNS

btb btb at bitrate.net
Thu Nov 15 17:04:03 UTC 2012

On 2012.11.15 11.39, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> Great, thanks, sounds like I'm covered then (I have BIND running
> authoritative for my zone on the firewall/NAT machine only accepting
> queries from my local 1918 addresses) and DHCP providing its address
> as the nameserver.

be sure that bind is also authoritative for your 1918 arpa space as well
[and you might as well just make it authoritative for all previously
mentioned address space].  accepting queries from only your private
network is good, but that alone will not prevent leakage [and leakage is
never good, dns or otherwise :) ]

-ben