Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Nov 29 23:08:16 UTC 2012

Hi--

On Nov 29, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Jose Manuel Delgado G. wrote:
> I have the following problem in resolving my DNS using Bind 9, sends me an error connection time out, no servers Could be reached. that way I can avoid giving these errors and how I can reduce the time of the response?
>
> this example with my server and public google dns server.
>
> # dig @8.8.8.8 videolinedvd.com
[ ... ]

You've got two nameservers for the domain per WHOIS as:

   Domain servers in listed order:
      NS1.VIDEOLINEDVD.COM
      NS2.VIDEOLINEDVD.COM

...but they don't have A records setup.  Your nameservers must have A records:

% dig NS1.VIDEOLINEDVD.COM @8.8.8.8
[ ... ]
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 36700
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;NS1.VIDEOLINEDVD.COM.		IN	A

See http://www.dnsvalidation.com/reports/50b7e96a7d79ee480a000004

Regards,