truncated responses vs. minimal-responses?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Nov 30 12:30:35 UTC 2012

On 28.11.12 18:38, Tony Finch wrote:
>Yes it does. For example, have a look at responses to queries for dotat.at
>in mx for various buffer sizes and observe that RRsets are dropped but the
>TC bit is not set.

Nice to see. I'm seeing recommendations to set minimal-responses to avoid
truncation problem anywhere and I'd like to have documented somewhere that
it just won't help...

I still can advise to test it, but official info from ISC would be the best.
I feel some people try to do that to avoid proper EDNS0 implementation...

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...