Upstart job for BIND9

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Nov 30 12:44:06 UTC 2012

On 29.11.12 20:50, Alexander Gurvitz wrote:
>Well, of course it's extremely exaggerated, sorry if I offended someone.
>But crashes may happen, actually I started to play with upstart after named
>stopped once on our production system (it's not an outdated version). I
>think it's a good idea to make it respawn.

I don't think it's wise to respawn named without knowing why it crashed.
This could lead to repeated crashed and system overload.

You'd need to configure at least number of restarts allowed in specified
time... if it's production system, it should have backupe, shouldn't it?

10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!