another performance tuning question

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Fri Nov 30 21:18:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Adamiec, Lawrence wrote:

> I got similar results when running against the master server.

Then why so many lost?

>   Queries sent:         11000 queries
>   Queries completed:    8968 queries
>   Queries lost:         2032 queries
>   Percentage completed:  81.53%
>   Percentage lost:       18.47%

Look at your queryperf data file and figure out what is not hosted by
you.  Some of my systems get around 60,000 QPS with none lost.  If
really do host these on same system, and are really lost, then will need
other research.

Even if you are doing recursive work, your results are quite slow. you
may want to look in your queryperf input to see what is causing
problems. (It may not be a realistic, real world input set.)