dhcpd

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Oct 19 08:48:09 UTC 2012

	[ Not sure why this thread started on BIND-users:
	  please continue on DHCP-users! ]

On 18 Oct 2012, at 13:42, Dwayne Hottinger wrote:

> I checked the mac addresses of these clients and thus far they are all ipads, ipods or iphones.

	We see BOOTP transactions here at UCD (in Ireland, not California!) too.
	I was agreeably surprised to see that our latest monthly statistical report
	shows these on our copper networks only, not on wireless.

	IIRC, it's actually very easy for the user to configure any of the iDevices
	to use DHCP instead of BOOTP.

	Jim Glassford's suggestion seems good enough to me.

On 18 Oct 2012, at 14:28, Jim Glassford wrote:

> We just continue to deny bootp for subnets that have no need for it and ignore them.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services