Exceptions for zones with DNS views

Stefan Midjich swehack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:32:32 UTC 2012

I want to have an exception for certain zones that also exist in my main
"wan" view.

So I created an acl for the network that needs the exception.

acl OtherNetwork {
 10.0.2.192/28;
};

Then I made this block.

view "OtherNetwork" {
 match-clients { OtherNetworkClients; };
 allow-recursion { OtherNetworkClients; };
 include "/etc/bind/views/othernetwork.zones";
};

This worked for the othernetwork.zones, but if I request any zones outside
of this view I get no response.

I want requests for other zones to be forwarded to the "wan" view where the
rest of the zones are. How can I accompllish this with Bind? The only
solution I can see now is to copy and maintain hundreds of zones for each
view, there must be an easier way.

--
Hälsningar / Greetings

Stefan Midjich