ISC Bind in Active Directory

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Thu Oct 25 19:44:36 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 6:02 PM, Phil Mayers wrote:

> Hell, if you've got WINS running and broadcast netbios, I think it's
> still possible to log in with *no* working DNS at all.

At the risk of getting *totally* off-topic, no-one who cares about
security or about broadcast traffic on their LANs would even consider
allowing WINS to function in their enterprise. It can (and should) be
disabled via registry key and/or DHCP options, and left in the dustbin
of ancient IT history.