Delegations

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Oct 31 18:44:45 UTC 2012

Phil wrote on 10/31/2012 02:15:16 PM:

> You terminology is a bit confusing here. "subdomain" is imprecise.

Sorry, I meant it as a piece of the FQDN.

> Specify what *zones* you want, and where you want the delegations, and
> it should be easy to see what will work and not.

> Yes, if I've understood what you want.

I think you got it.

> > or do I need to delegate l2.example.org before I can delegate
> ad.l2.example.org?
>
> No. Zone cuts can be at any label inside a zone.

Thanks.  Waiting for firewall changes tonight to test.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.