How to prevent BIND from resolving addresses in logs

Spumonti Spumonti spumonti at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 19:08:14 UTC 2012

I just installed BIND 9.9.1-P3 from source and while looking through the query log files I noticed that IP addresses were being resolved:

27-Sep-2012 12:01:56.512 client 192.168.5.10#44863 (host.foo.com): query: www.ibm.com ...

In my other servers which are running the redhat packaged version of BIND (9.8.2), my query logs look like:

27-Sep-2012 14:04:03.523 client 192.168.5.30#64638: query: www.amazon.com ...

The logging section of the configuration looks like:

channel query_log {
   file "/var/log/queries/query-log" versions 100 size 1m;
   print-time yes;
};

category queries {
   query_log;
};

I'm sure there's something completely obvious that I've missed.  How do I stop BIND from resolving these addresses and just including the IP address in the log file?