Official name for unofficial internal domains (home dial-up users)?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

%
% For non-routable internet numbers users can use 192.168. and 10. addresses.
% Is their a similar rule for local domain names?
%
% Besides being the computer that dials-up my ISP, my server runs DNS, DHCP (w/
% DDNS enabled) and SOCKS5.  I've configured an unused domain for my little
% network but I'd feel more comfortable if I was using a domain name
% specifically set aside for that kind of activity (without having to register
% one, of course).
%
% Does anyone know of such a beast?  My network at home is 192.168.1.0.
%
% --
% For Open Source Middleware Visit http://home.netcom.com/~tgagne
%

There are a couple tht could be used.  example.com could be pressed
into such use.

--
--bill