No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

zone "64.63.152.205.in-addr.arpa"{
	type master;
	file "205.152.63.rev";
};

and the reverse file:

;
; /var/named/205.152.63.rev	Reverse mapping of our IP addresses
;				 Origin is 152.205.in-addra.arpa.
;
		IN	SOA	ns.rocsoft.net.	hostmaster.rocsoft.net.
(
			2000062602 ; serial
			10800 ; refresh
			3600 ; retry
			604800 ; expire
			86400 ; default_ttl
			)
;
		IN	NS	ns.rocsoft.net.
;
; IP's for testing
; Subnet mask is 255.255.255.248 (8 I.P.s)
;
65		IN	PTR	gate1.rocsoft.net.
66		IN	PTR	badboo.rocsoft.net.
67		IN	PTR	bm2nt1.rocsoft.net.
68		IN	PTR	bm2win98r.rocsoft.net.
69		IN	PTR	bm2win98l.rocsoft.net.
70		IN	PTR	bm2lin1.rocsoft.net.
71		IN	PTR	bm2bsd1.rocsoft.net.
72		IN	PTR	bm2jm1.rocsoft.net.
73			PTR	whiffnic2.rocsoft.net.
; Pool address space for Ascend MAX Comm Server
;

I believe the error is that I have this line wrong:

IN	SOA	ns.rocsoft.net.	bmeyer.rocsoft.net. (

and that it should be:

IN	SOA	ns.bellsouth.net.	dnsadmin at bellatlantic.net. (

Once I do that, What line do I insert to show where my server becomes
the authority?

Also, Do I use an $ORIGIN line and if so, what should it look like?

Email would be highly appreciated. But I will be checking back on Deja,
as I know some folks don't like to respond via email. Any help is
appreciated. A light just clicked a while ago, that this was my problem.

Bruce Meyer
bmeyer at rocsoft.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.