No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

appliances.  Sure, it stifled creativity to some degree.  But it also
promoted creativity IN CO-OPERATION with the standards.  The standards
evolved as people had new ideas that they submitted for consideration
and approval.  And they continue to evolve.

It would be very easy, in this its infancy, for the Internet to crash
down and burn around our ears.  Contrary to many impatient people's
rants, there is no burning need to add an infinite number of random
TLDs to the Internet "RIGHT NOW!".  In fact, it would be counter-
productive.  The IANA had reasons for approving the ones that provided
good arguments and not approving others.  You may not agree with them
all.  But that does not mean that untrammelled chaos and lack of
standards [but I repeat myself] is preferable.

Limitations exist.  Anyone who tells you that you can do anything with
no limitations is an agent of evil, tempting you to your doom.  ;-)/2

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B