No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

max-transfer-time-in
max-transfer-idle-in
max-transfer-time-out
max-transfer-idle-out
serial-query-rate (Obseletes serial-queries - obselete in 9, see
above).
transfer-format (You can do this per server - bit messy, but if
you have one customers with lots of zones not on Windows DNS,
many people set this to one-answer for everything as it is "more
compatible")
transfers-in
transfers-out
transfers-per-ns

The default timeouts are pretty much aimed at cleaning up dead
session rather than aborting problematic transfers. transfers-in
and transfers-out both default to 10, I guess mimicing BIND 8's
20 transfers.

I know of people who experimented with the transfer-in/out
limits with no problems, so I assume they are OS/hardware
limited.

Go on try 9.2, you know you want to. How do you work out
predeployment testing for this, or do you have a room full of
high powered SUN's to bully some unsuspecting BIND 9 test box
with dozens of zone transfers, and DNS requests?

I think your main gripe with 9.2 will be performance, but I
don't think Rick has caught up with his usual excellent testing
yet.