No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

 | it is my understanding (though I am not completely
 | confident) that a recursive lookup will check local zones
 | first, and then be forwarded to the forwarders; setting
 | "no-recursive" would cause it to return nameservers to
 | ask in the event that the zone is not local.

Is he correct?  Will a recursive lookup check local zones
first and forwarder(s) second?

Further, will the nameserver's cache be treated as a local
zone?

Ideally, we'd like to set up name server A as a caching-only
server, and have name servers B and C set to use A as a
forwarder.

Any advice or input appreciated!

John