No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

    infected        300     IN      NS      kanga.honeypot.net.
    infected        300     IN      NS      glaaki.masonitg.com.

This works well; I have no problems using nsupdate to add/delete A and TXT
records to the "infected.honeypot.net" zone (it's a blackhole list for
virus-infected computers, in case you were wondering about the name).

The problem comes when trying to get the slave server to track the dynamic
updates.  I can use tcpdump to watch the NOTIFY go out and come back, and
entries like the following appear in the slave's logs:

    queue_soa_query: zone infected.honeypot.net/IN: enter
    soa_query: zone infected.honeypot.net/IN: enter
    refresh_callback: zone infected.honeypot.net/IN: enter
    refresh_callback: zone infected.honeypot.net/IN: serial: new 2100000032, old 2100000032

The problem is that the serial is woefully out of date and never increments
on the slave, even though it's updating instantaneously on the master.