No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

(CDN), so to solve the issue the way you mention you would need to know
every possible IP address that Speedera uses currently for HP (even those
seldom used, e.g. during maintenance or outage), and also every IP address
Speedera might possibly use in the future as they grow or change their CDN.
Also, of course, HP could at any point change to Akamai or some other CDN,
or internal hosting, changing all the IP addresses.

You need to use a stateful inspection firewall that creates these
holes/conduits/whateveryouwannacallem dynamically, or "punt" and use a
proxy.

Pete.

*********

Hi,

I need to configure a firewall to pass traffic from our internal
network to certain internet host (for example to allow ftp to
ftp.hp.com) but many do diabolical load sharing/
redundancy schemes and I get different A records returned every time
I do a lookup.

So taking the case of ftp.hp.com, is there a way for the average
punter to get a definitive list of the IP addresses currently
in use by ftp.hp.com.

So far I have

66.98.244.52

161.114.22.105
161.114.22.111

192.6.165.119

192.6.234.8
192.6.234.9
192.6.234.10

192.151.52.187
192.151.53.86

Using nslookup against various name servers throught the world.

I do
nslookup
set type=A   #default anyway?
ftp.hp.com

I hope that this is within the coverage of this group.

Thanks in advance.