No subject

Tue Apr 2 00:56:56 UTC 2013

1. Stop the DNS process of the primary server; fix the serial number.
Start the process. Have all secondaries remove backup files (ie
removing the saved zone files) and restart them, so they are forced
to lift the new data.

2. Increment the serial number to the highest number possible; wait for it
to be reflected on secondaries. Change serial number to 1. Wait for it
to be reflected on secondaries.

NOTE: The serial number space can be divided into two. (2^32 - 1)/ 2
of the numbers starting from the current serial number (and wrapping
around 2^32 with 1 if necessary) are larger than the current serial
number, and the other half being smaller. So, a serail of 2 goes to a
maximum of ((2^32 - 1)/2 + 2). After that ((2^32 - 1)/2 + 3)) is the
"higest" low number, all the way through
to (2^32 - 2), (2^32 -1) and 1 (1 being the smallest).

Cheers,
Ing. Fidel Lizarraga Jr.
Centro de Computos - PUCMM