DLZ $client% parameter segfault

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Apr 4 00:35:01 UTC 2013

> Thanks certainly blows up the possibility of doing native GeoDNS at the
> moment? Any chance I am overlooking a method which I could effectively
> get the clients address into a MySQL query with the current 9.9.2
> release?

It's not quite the same as %client%, but I suggest you take a look at
contrib/dlz/example/dlz_example.c, note the use of the clientinfo
structure in dlz_lookup(), and see if it's any use to you.  You'd have
to hack the corresponding routine in the mysql DLZ driver.

Incidentally, native GeoIP support has been added as a feature in the
9.10 release -- you'll be able to use it to specify ACLs, e.g.,
"match-clients { geoip country US; };".  I expect it to be published
in Q4 of this year.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.