Caching server - named process is limit at 500MB

Jaco Lesch jacol at saix.net
Fri Apr 12 05:50:32 UTC 2013

Chu

Had the same issue in the past on Solaris 8 and 9 day as the default
compiled binaries is 32-bit which seem to limit memory usage to 512 MB.
You can modify the configure script/source to use more memory in 32-bit,
but I will suggest you to move to 64-bit versions of BIND.

When we migrated to Solaris 10, I compiled from source with 64-bit
support, this you need to specify in the configure script and there is
some other edits you might have yo do if you need SSL support for DNSsec.

You can compile the source with GCC or Studio, they both work fine.

If you need any specific help, you are welcome to contact me directly.

Regards