ISC Courses

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Apr 26 19:27:09 UTC 2013

> From: <rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com>

> Can anyone say why Bind course offering appears so expensive? Is
> something else included in the package that is not specified?
>
> 2-Day Introduction to DNS & BIND Training
> Price: $1,795.00

I took this class about 2 years ago.  IIRC, the instructor wasn't just a
trainer, but a support engineer from ISC who could also teach.  He pops up
here on the list from time to time.

Another advantage to taking this class is you can bring your DNS issues
and discuss them with others to see how they are tackling them, and get an
expert's opinion on it too.  Some training company instructors and just
certification mill graduates with little hands on experience.  Other than
the ISC course, I haven't had a truly knowledgeable instructor since my
Netware 3 and 4 CNE classes.  Aren't most Microsoft classes running about
$1600/day.

Don't forget that any modest profit from this class will go towards the
continued development of BIND.

Disclosure, I have no ties to ISC other than user of BIND and past student
of the 2 day Intro to DNS and BIND.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.