Reverse Records on a leash?

Eduardo Bonsi beartcom at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 10 00:44:08 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I would like to know why we are treat like a dog on a leash when the
question is to reverse our DNS ip address to a FQDN of our choices since
our account is already assigned to us by our ISP?

000.000.000.000.in-addr.arpa. 7200 IN PTR yourdomain.com.

yourdomain.com.    IN A  000.000.000.000

Is there a way to get around that without have to ask our ISP to reverse
it? Can we use CNAMES for that?
One of the major problem here is that ISPs are not happy to make all
that money in their subscribers, they also want to exploit that part and
charge you for it.

... and please, do not tell me that is to keep the spammers out because
that so far has not proven to be true. The bad guys have an unlimited
number of domains to do their dirt work everyday.

--
Eduardo Bonsi
System - Network Admin
beartcom at pacbell.net