Bind99 and a slave named server

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Sun Aug 18 20:06:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-18 10:39, LuKreme wrote:
> Since it is all working, what I am looking for now is "how to convert you master bind server to a slave".

Change the zones from master to slave in your named.conf? There really
isn't much more to it than that, assuming you have a new authoritative
master is already configured and serving the zones.

Watch the logs for any errors indicating that your
former-master-now-slave has newer versions of zones than the new-master,
as this might indicate errors, but outside of that, the fact that a
server used to be a master makes very little difference.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/