Bind99 and a slave named server

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Aug 20 18:36:25 UTC 2013

On 18 Aug 2013, at 19:20 , Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> As has been said already, there is really very little to it, and unless you sent it to Alan off-list, you still have  _NOT_  provided the error logs after being asked by more than one person.

Thanks, I thought I was clear.

I am *not* getting any errors, so there are no error logs. However, I am currently running each server as a master.

What I am looking for is something (docs, a writeup, a how-to, anything) on converting a master bind 9.9 server to a slave bind 9.9 server. I see a lot on converting a slave to a master.

Things that I know are issues I want to cover before I make changes.

1. RAW versus TEXT
2. allow transfer
3. notify
4. key files<1>
5. dnssec-enable
6. managed-keys

and any changes in how root servers are setup since I am pretty sure that has changed since I first setup bind 9.1 many eons ago (2002?).

<1> For example, right now, since server 2 is an exact copy of server 1 with IPs changed, the two machines have identical rndc-key files.

--
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.